You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘russian cream’ tag.
These blushing beauties won my heart over the red plums I was shopping for to make with these Russian cream desserts.
Roasting plums with honey and vanilla seemed like the perfect foil for some Russian cream. But there they were, perfectly ripe raspberries seemed a bit more exciting and vibrant than that of their neighboring fruits.
In the meantime, J. and I are excited to get out of the city to travel to the north and see some good fall color. The fall season here is a bit bland this year. It has been for the past several years.
I can’t wait to enjoy the sea of color; the blushing hues of oranges, the intense crimson of the maples, to walk through the wilderness and take in autumn while it lasts. Hopefully it won’t be too late!
A thank you to all for your comments and inquiries from the last post! With many requests for the stone fruit tart recipe, I have posted it here.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Russian Cream, golden raspberries, coconut & pistachios [serves 4]
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk [from cans] -or- full fat cream
5 Tablespoons can sugar
1 teaspoon gelatin
¼ cup cold water
1 cup full-fat sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract [optional]
½ pint golden raspberries
¼ cup coconut flakes
2 Tablespoons pistachios, coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon confectioner’s sugar for dusting
making the cream:
1. In a small dish place water and sprinkle gelatin over the surface, set aside to bloom.
2. Heat coconut milk and sugar in a small saucepan just to a gentle boil.
3. Whisk a small quantity of coconut milk to the gelatin and add to the saucepan.
4. Whisk in sour cream and vanilla is using until smooth.
5. Divide mixture into four serving dishes and chill for at least 4 hours to set.
1. Arrange raspberries in the center of each dish.
2. Sprinkle pistachios and coconut flakes around raspberries.
3. Lightly dust creams with confectioner’s sugar.